Saturday, January 8, 2011

Bird watching on a snowy morning

It snowed early this morning so we had lots of birds at our feeders for breakfast. I counted at least 10 different species. It was so much fun watching them. At one point we had two woodpeckers visit. I was so excited I screamed for my husband and they flew away before I could get a picture. I'm standing in my kitchen with the window wide open so they heard me load and clear. One was a Downy Woodpecker and I believe the other was a Red-bellied Woodpecker. I did get a picture of the Red-bellied Woodpecker in the tree which I'll share another day. It took me forever to get a picture of this Tufted Titmouse. It comes in, grabs a piece of food, and quickly leaves. At one point I heard tapping and was able to catch him trying to crack a seed open.

No comments:

Post a Comment