Sunday, March 28, 2010

Churches and roots


Since Easter is next weekend, this week I'd like to share pictures of country churches I've visited while doing family research. I'll start with one near and dear to my heart ... Bairds Baptist Church, constituted June 24, 1802, in Bairdstown, Oglethorpe County, Georgia. I remember going to homecomings with my family as a young girl.

My grandparents, an aunt, and uncles are buried there so I've walked the cemetery many times with Daddy. He used to tell me "we're related to most everybody in this cemetery." I've since proven that to be true as three of the four siblings of my fourth great-grandfather are buried there, along with their families.

Elizabeth Lankford Bryant plot


Curtis Caldwell Lankford plot



Robert Chester Lankford plot



Unfortunately I haven't found the final resting place of my ancestor, James M. Lankford.

No comments:

Post a Comment